Sunday, July 19, 2009

Running, Running, Running...

Here I am one week from the San Francisco Marathon and I am putting off doing the one thing I typically cannot get enough of: running. Training has been really tough this time. I started off very strong and even finished two half marathons in under two hours. What happened? I like to call it Summer.

It has been so hot and humid the last few weeks. I can wake up at 5:00 am and still sweat to death and feel like I might die before I finish running. All of that leads to me asking myself why I am running? Why do I want to put myself through the misery? I still grab my shoes and go out and run. I may not be running as far as I want to, but I am not giving up. My true excitement about this race is that it should only be 57 degrees. Wow, 57 degrees. I have been running in 97 degree weather with 95% humidity. San Francisco will be so nice.

I am pretty sure I need to be headed out the door right now to run my last long run of eight miles. Hmm...Jurassic Park 3 is on...

No comments: