Sunday, October 15, 2023

Chicago Marathon 2023...

Last weekend Ken and I flew to Chicago to run the Bank of America Chicago Marathon. I believe it was the 5th time for me and it was Ken's first time, along with his first marathon! We ran for Team Paws which was an overall amazing experience.


At the expo

We took an Uber to Bucktown and had a great lowkey dinner at Club Lucky. It is the perfect little spot away from the hustle and bustle of downtown, plus they have amazing pasta.

It was early to bed and early to wake up for the race.

One really nice thing about fundraising for Team Paws is having the prerace breakfast and postrace party. We were staying at the Congress, which was home base for Paws. It was so nice to wait inside as long as possible since it was chilly. It was also nice to pee in a flushing toilet.

Our pre-race photo, representing Team Paws!



About to start his first marathon. He was so excited.

Ken and I parted ways as we were in different waves. I was in corral E, which was part of wave one. I hit the bathroom one last time and was lined up and ready to go.

This has always been my favorite marathon and it was no different this time. The spectators are unbelievable and the volunteers are all so amazing. The course is incredibly fast. The weather ended up being absolutely perfect. 


I finished in 3:53, which was a new PR of three minutes. 


Ken finished in 5:11. Ken also enjoyed fireball shots, mimosas, and beers on the course. He said he had a lot of fun and wants to do the race again.


Our finisher photo, thanks to Team Paws!


No comments: