Friday, December 23, 2022

Christmas Markets in Europe...Day 7

I ran around the park after we woke up. Running in Englischer Garten Park is one of my favorite things to do in Munich.


It is funny to think this was snow-covered just a few days earlier.


One of my favorite views in all of Munich


We had a pretty low-key day but did venture out to the market to purchase a few last-minute items. Ken had some sinus symptoms and did not feel too fabulous. We welcomed the lazy day.


These are sold at a stahl that is right by our hotel. I have always wanted one but never stopped. I finally stopped and bought one to bring home! This stahl smells amazing, like cinnamon and ginger.


We eventually ventured out and we went to a darling little wine bar in the Viktualienmarkt. They had heaters set up and we sat outside and just enjoyed the atmosphere. A funny thing did happen while we were sitting there. Our alarm company called and our smoke detectors were going off and the fire department arrived. One of our neighbors confirmed that our house was not on fire, but the fire department came in and made sure everything was okay. Sadly, Ken spent about 20 minutes on the phone with our alarm company getting the smoke detector turned off because the fire department arrived again! Apparently, you cannot disarm the smoke detector remotely. We had a good laugh about it and were relieved that our house was not on fire!

After we enjoyed our wine, we went to the Rindermarkt for dinner and gluhwein. I may have been over-served.


I am fully aware that I cannot sing. I just hope that I always am capable of having such a good time!


I probably sang five different songs. Finally, a German lady told me she would be impressed if I sang one in German. Me, being the person that I am, started singing Frosty the Snowman in German. She laughed so hard, gave me a thumbs up, and went about her evening. I was kind of expecting a tip!  Ha, ha!



We enjoyed our gluhwein by the fire and Ken enjoyed my singing of Christmas Carols.




I was thrilled beyond measure about getting some candied nuts!


We eventually closed down the market and made the short walk back to our hotel. We loved seeing the markets in all their glory for the final night before Christmas Eve.


No comments: