Monday, August 1, 2022

Europe 2022 Day 12: Spiez

 August 1st is Swiss National Day, which is the equivalent of our 4th of July. We were sad to learn that there was not going to be a parade this year and that the fireworks would not happen due to a burn ban in the canton. We were grateful we saw the fireworks last year!

We decided that we would go to Interlaken which we have never visited before. We planned to check out the city and then go to one of the smaller villages. 

I ran and enjoyed my views around town. Ken was not feeling 100% so he napped while I was out and about.


My running views


With it being Sunday, I was treated to the church bells while I was running around the town.



Lauterbrunnen was looking beautiful as we made our way to the train station.


We arrived in Interlaken and did not really appreciate it much. We decided to board the train to Spiez, which I was super excited about. I had read that Spiez has the feel of an Italian village on the Mediterranean.  I could not agree with that statement more!

We found an Italian restaurant along the water and enjoyed Aperol Spritz and pizza. It was lovely.


The water was so blue and beautiful.


Aperol Spritz for two, please!



Ken was loving our relaxing day along the water


I was loving feeling like we were in Italy!



Lunch views


We ordered wine after our Aperol Spritz and enjoyed the views



A view of our lunch spot. It was the perfect little spot along the lake



Walking around the harbor

I am sure that the water was pretty chilly!


We decided to take the boat back to Interlaken to catch the train back to Lauterbrunnen. We enjoyed the boat trip while the boat stopped at different villages along lake Thun.


Ferry views


This was one of my favorite little areas along Lake Thun. I would love to come back here and spend a night!


We had a lovely Swiss National Day and loved visiting a new spot in Switzerland!

No comments: