Thursday, December 30, 2021

Chicago Girls' Trip 2021...Day 1: The Christkindmarkt

One of my favorite things to do all year is going to Chicago during Christmas time with my girlfriends.  Sadly, we missed out on this tradition in 2020 with the Chicago Christkindlmarkt being closed due to Covid-19.  There is no way we were going to miss two years in a row!  The first week of December we headed North to Chicago!

We did all of our favorite things during this trip:  Lunch at Purple Pig, the Christkindmarkt, wine at Pops, shopping around downtown, and closing down the hotel bar at the Palmer House.  


We stayed at the Palmer House again this year and loved seeing all of the Christmas decorations around the hotel.


I love the Chicago skyline!  It was unseasonable warm while we were there.  We walked around the city without stocking caps.  


Not going to lie, I came for the gluhwein!


Enjoying the Christkindmart with my ladies.  The girls all joked about my perfectly-faced gluhwein mug for the photo.  Not my first rodeo posing with a gluhwein mug!


There was a Krampus stahl this year!


It is a shame that Krampus did not come to life and take them away!


Gluhwein ladies.  Michelle is officially not a fan of gluhwein.  I think I can get her to drink white gluhwein, but she does not like the traditional blend.  


We left the market and walked back to the hotel to drop off our purchases.  I ended up buying a German ceramic brewery building, which was one of the things I planned to buy in Germany this year and everyone else ended up with some ornaments.


The beautiful Christmas trees inside the Palmer House entrance off of Monroe.  


On our way to Pops for Champagne.  I will spare you the video I have of Michelle singing her Christmas song.


Sparkling rose, fried pickles, and cheese curds for the win at Pops.


In case you cannot tell, I love taking pictures of the Chicago skyline with the river and the corn cob buildings.


We could not pass up stopping by the Millenium Park tree.


Is it a visit to Chicago if you do not get a picture of the bean???


I love all of the lights on the tree in Millenium Park.  It is such a beautiful tree.


We ended our first night back at the Palmer House with an early night.  We had a full day after all!

1 comment:

Williams said...

I lived in Illinois for 5 years when I was younger and since we moved out of state I’ve gone to Chicago usually once or twice a year but I’m moving back there and I’m so excited to see these Christmas treesthis year. These trees are really beautiful. Love Chicago.