Thursday, March 26, 2020

Christkindlmarkts 2019...Day 8: Christmas Day and Heading Home

We woke up and enjoyed breakfast at our hotel.  I have to admit, I was a little sad that I was not snuggled by the fire with our girls, but I know they do not really know when Christmas day is.  We walked past the closed market stahls and wished we could have a mug of gluhwein!  We took the S-Bahn to the airport and boarded our flight.

We were in business class and enjoyed being able to lay down and take a nap on the long haul back home.  My favorite part of the entire flight was the that United offers sparkling wine and ice cream sundaes for dessert!

Sparkling wine, ice cream sundae, and Christmas Vacation, I am not sure my flight could be any better!

We had an uneventful and relaxing flight to DC where we stopped off in the United lounge for snacks and drinks and to make our Merry Christmas calls.  We arrived home around 9:00 pm to our girls.  We both commented about how we felt less jet-lagged on this trip than others and we both attribute that to taking naps on the way home.  We had both previously read that you should avoid a nap when flying back to the US, but that has always made us feel poorly for a few days.  This time, we both felt fine the next day.  

I wish I could say our next big trip was planned, but COVID-19 seems to have other plans for us.  We have already cancelled two trips and will possibly have to cancel a third.  At the end of the day, cancelling trips is not a life or death issue like so many others are facing.  

Until next time Deutschland!  

1 comment:

Melanie said...

So fun reading all of these posts from this trip, and it makes me want to go at Christmas sometime! I know what you mean about having to cancel things... we've had 3 trips cancelled, plus we each had a work trip cancelled. I'm grateful for our health and that we're just cancelling trips, but you know it's a bummer for those of us who love to travel!