Thursday, October 10, 2019

Europe 2019...Day 13: Traveling Home

I always hate the end of a wonderful trip, but I love getting home to our girls.  We woke up and enjoyed one last breakfast at our hotel before making our way to the train station.  I had booked Alpy Bus to transport us back to Geneva and we had a private ride all to ourselves.

Once we arrived to the Geneva airport, we learned our flight to Paris was delayed.  It was delayed so much that we thought we might miss our flight back home.  I will never forget Ken turning to look at me and saying "You might get to see the Eiffel Tower after all!" 

I knew there was not a lot we could do about it, but I was still worrying about it.  When we arrived to Paris, we literally had to run from onside of the airport to the other.  We determined it was about two miles.  We were able to check in for our flight and check our luggage, but only by a minute.  I think we got lucky that the gentleman that was checking us in was American and felt bad for us. 

We had an uneventful flight home and got delayed again in Dallas.  Thankfully, I did not have to work for a few days.

The Tour du Mont Blanc was so amazing.  I cannot put into words the amount of fun that we had doing this trip.  I would love to do it again, but I highly doubt we would get this lucky with the weather again.  We cannot wait to get back to the Alps soon!

Here is a little video I put together of our hike.  Happy Trails!

TMB, July 2019

No comments: