Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Moab...Day 3...

We woke up on Sunday and I finished off a little homework before we headed out for the day. We grabbed some breakfast from our favorite little cafe, Love Muffin, and started the drive to Dead Horse State Park.  We were excited to get to do a hike that would take us to Dead Horse Point.


Blue skies and views for days.  This was just outside of the visitors' center.


We did a six mile hike that took us all the way to Dead Horse Point.  It was an easy hike, we just dealt with a little bit of mud and left over snow.

Ken checking out one of the steep drop offs.


I stayed pretty far from the edge, since I am terrified of heights.  


The views reminded me so much of the Grand Canyon.


Ken with one of the monuments.  I loved the monuments.  I find them so interesting.


Dead Horse Point.  It was so beautiful.  I love how the Colorado River loops around.

Best friends, exploring a new area together.


So excited and intrigued by this area.

As we were taking photos, it started to snow.  Just moments later, the view was completely covered by clouds.  We felt very lucky to have arrived when we did to see the view of the river.

Once we arrived back at the visitors' center, the beautiful view we saw was no more.


Please see the first picture from the day!  What a difference a few hours can make.


We arrived back at our VRBO and decided to hop in the hot tub to enjoy a little wine while it snowed.  We had big plans to get out and get dinner, but we were having so much fun in the hot tub with the snow and some wine, that we skipped going out to dinner.  We laughed, listened to music, and had so much fun.

Having so much fun in the hot tub.  So. Much. Fun.


Ken eventually walked down the street and got us some take out for dinner.  I never imagined sitting in the hot tub in the snow could be so much fun.  It was definitely one of my favorite nights to date.  Just picturing the snow piling up on my head is enough to make me laugh!

No comments: