Friday, November 11, 2016

Turning 36...

Yesterday was my 36th birthday. I am having a hard time believing that one year has passed since I turned 35, but alas it has.  I had a wonderful day spent doing many of my favorite things.  Kya and I went for a run first thing in the morning, which in my opinion is the best way to start my birthday.  I worked at White House for a few hours where I was greeted with the most delicious chocolate on chocolate cake.  I ate two pieces.  I did run after all.  After work, Ken and Kya walked me to Starbucks.


A birthday latte with this girl is one of my favorite things!

The red cups are officially underway!

Later that evening we went to dinner with Mike and Katie and wrapped up the evening with cake and wine at home.  

Enjoying my pomegranate martini

We were talking earlier in the night about me being 23 when we met.  I cannot believe how many years we have spent together.  It has basically been my entire adult life.  I am a lucky girl.

Ken knows the key to my heart is with a cake, ice cream cake more specifically.  It ended up being a three pieces of cake kind of day.  I was celebrating after all.  


It was a wonderful birthday and I am grateful year around the sun.  I am excited to spend a weekend in Chicago celebrating in a few weeks.  Basically, my birthday has been extended until December.  I know, lucky Ken.

No comments: